Thursday, January 11, 2007

Beckham signing and the death of the MLS

Who got the better deal, Fulham paying $4 million for Clint Dempsey or MLS shelling out $150 million for Beckham?

Fulham. No doubt about it. Beckham’s signing is the death of the MLS.

Quick quiz: Who said this:

"I didn't want to go out there at 34 years old and for people to turn around and say he's only going there to get the money. It's not what I'm going out there to do.

"I'm going to hopefully build a club and a team that has a lot of potential. I think that is what excites me."

A) Lothar Matthaeus

B) Yuri Djorkaeff

C) David Beckham

The answer is D) all of the above.



if(fanid.length > 0 &&amp; typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < defaultteamid =" teamsInfo[i][0];" fantasyleagueplayerjspath =" 'http://msn.foxsports.com'">

1 comment:

The Manly Ferry said...

I didn't quite go in for the "death of MLS" line, but definitely view this as a hell of a gamble. Still, I'm glad somebody said what you did. Good post.